Welcome to Criterion Forums

This is a home for cinephiles and collectors alike. We strive to provide an outlet for insightful, thought-provoking, and above all courteous discussion on the cinema of the world, with a special focus on the Criterion Collection. We invite and encourage you to take a look around, read some articles, set up an account, and jump into some film discussion. See what people are saying about your favorite films from the Criterion Collection, the Eureka Masters of Cinema series, or any other corner of the cinematic globe.

See you around the forums!

Upcoming Calender Events

Recent Topics

- - - - -

Criterion Announcements - July 2013

In July 2013 we can look forward to three new releases: The Life of Oharu (1952), Babette's Feast (1987) and we finally have spine number 666 in the collection with The Devil's Backbone (2001) :headbang:.

We will also have one DVD/BD reissue, Lord of the Flies (1963), as well as a Blu-ray edition of the existing release of The Ice Storm (1997).

I am looking forward to all three, especially The Life of Oharu which has is the only one of the three that had not previously been released here in the States. It has recently been written as a Great Movie by the late Roger Ebert which you can read here.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

2 Comments

This seems a good place to talk cover art!

I have to say that I absolutely adore the new Lord of the Flies artwork. It captures the themes of the film perfectly.
I'm less impressed by The Devil's Backbone art though, looks like a graphic novel to me.