• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

819_BD_box_348x490_w128.jpg
HERE COMES MR. JORDAN
Alexander Hall

United States • 1941 • 94 minutes • Black and White • 1.33:1 • English
A sophisticated supernatural Hollywood comedy whose influence continues to be felt, Here Comes Mr. Jordan stars the eminently versatile Robert Montgomery as a working-class boxer and amateur aviator whose plane crashes in a freak accident. He finds himself in heaven but is told, by a wry angel named Mr. Jordan (Claude Rains), that his death was a clerical error, and that he can return to Earth by entering the body of a corrupt (and about-to-be-murdered) financier—whose soul could use a transplant. Nominated for seven Oscars (it won two) and the inspiration for a sequel with Rita Hayworth and two remakes, Alexander Hall’s effervescent Here Comes Mr. Jordan is comic perfection.

DISC FEATURES

• New 2K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • New conversation between critic Michael Sragow and filmmaker/distributor Michael Schlesinger
  • Audio interview from 1991 in which actor Elizabeth Montgomery discusses her father, actor Robert Montgomery
  • Lux Radio Theatre adaptation of Here Comes Mr. Jordan from 1942 starring Cary Grant, Claude Rains, Evelyn Keyes, and James Gleason
  • Trailer
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Farran Smith Nehme

New cover by Caitlin Kuhwald

#2 Duke Togo

Duke Togo

Evil mind, evil sword.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

Notes:

• DVD/BD Release Date: June 14, 2016
  • DVD Cover Artwork:

819_DVD_box_348x490_w128.jpg

#3 cfkane

cfkane

Number Six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 05:50 AM

I highly recommend the audio interview with Elizabeth Montgomery. It's outstanding.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users